AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Saturday, October 13, 2001

 
amanda peterson

Well I didn't get home till like 1am last night. I had to stop at the supermarket on the way home. No remember its like 12:15am when I get there and I figure, well, I'll pick up the cat food and coffee and I'll be in and out in like ten minutes tops. That was until I got behind a girl who decided to do her monthly grocery shopping at like 12:15am on a Friday night (Sat. a.m.). I mean, who the frick does that? And after seeing like seven people in line behind her, does she at least make haste? Of course not, she takes he sweet old time. Of course I had a bag of cat litter too and didn't grab a cart cause I didn't think I'd be waiting in line for a half hour. I was very patient and didn't say anything (although I contemplated freaking out). There was a girl behind me who was very loud about having to wait and that was cool. It was like she was speaking for all of us. And does the supermarket decide to open another check out line? Of course not. And what does the supermarket dork (not that I'm insulting supermarket workers as a whole) do? He strikes up small talk with this totally inconsiderate waste of human life. For five minutes I imagined myself bashing him over the head with my bag of litter. I'm sure everyone line would have supported me in court. And that is how the supermarket stole 30 minutes of my life. It doesn't seem like much time, but when I'm on my death bed, I'll sure as heck want those 30 minutes back.
But, (I know, you are never supposed to start a sentence, much less a paragraph off with 'but' or 'and' but who gives a poop), I did enjoy my Friday night. I drank like four beers and than slept till one this afternoon. Right now I am just dorking off for the afternoon in the guestroom. Going to Hoss's Steakhouse at six pm and after that I'm going to watch tv and sleep. I have to work 9-6 tomorrow, and I won't say too much about that cause I don't want to think about it.

10/13/2001 12:09:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS