AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Tuesday, December 11, 2001

 
amanda peterson

This is interesting. At work, like a guess that do at most big companies, they have software that blocks you from going into sites that they (employers) deem inappropriate. Being a bit of a history buff, I sometimes like to go to all kinds of sites about the civil war, rev. war, presidents and such. So yesterday I went to the Lyndon Baines Johnson Library to look at some stuff on how he waged the vietnam war. That led me down another trail of thought and I went to the John F. Kennedy Library and spent about an a half an hour reading stuff there, a really great site I have to say. So than I go to the Richard Nixon Library and Birthplace and a big "Websense block" came up. Work doesn't allow you to go there because the topic is "politics". Hmmm. Not that I'm going to complain (really, they could tell me not to use the internet at all because I should be working) I just thought that note worthy.
I've been super busy the last two days because they have me training someone (they never did that before) which means I actually have to go into work and really concentrate,not that I don't think at work, but this is like, real thinking, not job monotony. Also I can't eat at my desk when I am training which is a pain. I guess in this economy (which I'm sure will get better soon) I should be thankful I have a job with benefits. Tomorrow, a day off!
12/11/2001 07:42:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS