AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Tuesday, February 19, 2002

 
amanda peterson

Here at the AP site we are on the verge of an extrodinairy feat. Yes, 'extra-ordinairy'. A milestone really. Tomorrow, the 20th of February, I will be purchasing (can I say that again?) purchasing, a second vehicle! Whoo hoo! So, this time tomorrow, parked in the driveway next to my 1998 Hyundai Accent (and its super high car payments) will be another vehicle (not new or anything like that, really kind of junky but what the heck its a second vehicle). My gosh, these are heady days my friends. Speaking of which, I actually own (no more payments to the blood sucking bank) my Hyundai after December 12th of this year. Thats like a million dollars away though.

looking down on empty streets, all she can see
are the dreams all made solid
are the dreams all made real
all of the buildings, all of those cars
were once just a dream
in somebody's head
she pictures the broken glass, she pictures the steam
she pictures a soul
with no leak at the seam
lets take the boat out
wait until darkness
let's take the boat out
wait until darkness comes

-Peter Gabriel

(Not to sound to mushy here, but I remember, in the early eighties, in the summer, when my friend Billy and I would spend the week at Lake Wallenpaupak, we were allowed to take the canoe out onto the lake at night, and my gosh, rowing and drifting on the lake, in the middle of that huge body of water, there was nothing more peaceful. Nothing.)














2/19/2002 07:35:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS