AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Saturday, February 23, 2002

 
amanda peterson

A very special update here tonight at the AP Site!!! I was going through the family photo albums (my gosh the strange things I find there), and found a picture of me at my first job. Well, you're thinking, 'Wow, thats so interesting, I think I might take a nap I am so excited.' Well, read on friends, read on. The year, 1982. I was 11 years old. I know what you are thinking again; 'How can you have a job when you are eleven?' Well, at our local mall every Christmas they have a Santa Claus in the center square where you can have your picture taken with the St. Nick, like every mall in America has. In 1982 at our local mall, there was an added bonus. E.T., the extra tererstrial (sp?). If you remember in 1982 E.T. was like bigger than Elvis and sliced bread. So that year, the mall not only had Santa, but E.T. in a christmas like uniform, so you could have your picture taken with both. Well, there were no really short people that could fit into the E.T. suit so they needed a small child. My father was good friend with the mall manager and the rest is history. For two days, I was E.T. and children hither and yon flocked to the mall to get their pictures taken with Santa and Christmas E.T.
So, here it is (you may have to scroll down a little to see the whole picture) I, of course am E.T. (I saw through the nose holes) the two girls in the pictures are my sisters. In the two days that I did it, I made sixty dollars (under the table of course) and my gosh, when you are eleven, thats like a million dollars. Without further ado;

Me, as E.T. at the center sqaure mall, at eleven years of age

The real pain about it was, that when I had to go to the bathroom I had to walk the length of the mall to the restrooms and of course I couldn't take the costume off, and I would always have a flock of kids 'following E.T.' to the bathroom.
2/23/2002 08:37:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS