AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Wednesday, February 13, 2002

 
amanda peterson

Went to work for the 9 to 6 shift today, but around 10:15am (I know this because I'm a true clock watcher) I suddenly started to feel ill. Well, I thought, I'll just go through the day and hopefully it will get better. It didn't. I didn't feel nauseous (sp?) or like I had a head ache or anything, so the best I could describe it (as I did to the Springsteens who let me leave at 11am) was that I felt hot and 'sicky'. Yes, 'sicky'. I got home, fell asleep (had a weird dream about putting up drywall, I have no clue about that, I never even tried it) and when I woke up around five pm I felt fine. I feel fine now. What the heck was that all about?
Moving on, as I was driving home feeling like I was going to die (every illness I get is potentially 'terminal', I'm a hypochondriac I think) I was thinking about things that I haven't done in my life. So I thought, what the heck, make a list!" I'm addicted to lists I think. So here its;

THINGS THAT I HAVEN'T DONE IN THE LAST YEAR
1) I've not seen any movie this year that was nominated for an Oscar. As a matter of fact, in the last year, I have been in a movie theater only once. (I'm counting 2001 as the last year).
2) I've not had lobster or crab. I like to tell myself that its because I am against boiling anything alive, but really, no one put a plate of it in front of me, otherwise had they, I would have eaten it.
3) I've not been to church (not counting weddings and funerals). I remember parking in a church parking lot in mid July of last year because while I was driving I noticed my right shoe lace was untied and I have this irrational fear that my shoelaces will become intangled in the gas pedal and cause an accident. But thats as close to church I came.
4) I've not had a toothache and thank God for that, there is nothing worse than a toothache. Knock on wood.
5) I've not spent one night in bed where there wasn't a furry animal sleeping with me. (my mom has a 100 pound Burmese (sp?) mountain dog which likes to sleep with me and its a real pain because he takes forever to get comfortable before he falls asleep and sometimes snores). The other times it was always a cat or two.
Well, time to go to bed. Tomorrow its Valentines Day so I'm sure there won't be a post. I noticed that I've not archived links for any posts done after December 6, gosh I've got to get to that tomorrow night. Even though its kind of like a tree falling in the forest that no one hears, well, maybe its not. Either or, I've got to do it tomorrow or it will bug the heck out of me. Of course, I could care less though, if a tree falling in the forest makes a sound. Onless of the tree falls on me. Which I would make a sound post haste.




2/13/2002 08:07:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS