AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Saturday, March 09, 2002

 
amanda peterson

Here at your AP Site we are just happy to be alive. My gosh, I felt like total poop from the time I woke up this morning up until like a couple hours ago. Of course I have no one to blame but myself. Let me explain.
So around midnight last night the significant other says to me, “Do you want to have a drink?” At this point in time I very tired, I mean, its midnight. But than I start thinking, well, it is Friday night. I do have the weekend off. Maybe I’ll just have one while I am doing the dishes. I’ll have one adult beverage and do the dishes and than go up to the bedroom and drift off to dreamland. So I make myself a drink and start doing the dishes. I put my John Mellencamp Human Wheels tape into the stereo (one of these days I will figure out how to work the darn CD player). Well that was that. Next thing I know I am going up to bed thinking “I left the lights on in the bedroom.”, of course that wasn’t the bedroom lights, that was the sun shining through the windows. I guess I had a lot of fun, but my gosh, I don’t remember a whole lot of it. I know sometime around four in the a.m. I made myself a steak and baked potato.
I don’t do this often, I used to though. Back when I was in high school I was quite the tee totaler. I know no one wants to hear advice on the internet, but well, I am going to expound on it anyway. I wish I hadn’t drank so much in high school. I barely remember anything from 12th grade outside of the fact that I barely graduated. Of course you could make the argument that who really wants to remember that. They say it’s the best times of your life. Thats total bull. I’m 30 years old and even though I had a lot of great times in high school it certainly is not that best time of your life. My gosh, not by a long shot. Whoever coined that phrase must have been a highschool football quarterback who won like three state championships and now drains the grease trap at McDonalds. Well, I digress (I used ‘digress’ that’s cool). The weird thing is, that I remember so little from 11th and 12th grade. When I go back up North I’ll run into some of the people I hung out with and they’ll reminise (sp?) about the times we had and a lot of the time, I really don’t remember doing what they tell me we did, because I was either blasted out of my mind or stoned (that was rare, being stoned, but it happened). Weird. It is cool to hear that I had a lot of fun though

3/09/2002 08:01:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS