AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Friday, March 15, 2002

 

I love music. I really do. Sometimes I come across a song I really like that I just can’t relate to though. So tonight I am going to take a song that I really like, but can’t relate to, and just change the lyrics so that they do relate to me. I will choose Ice Cube’s “Today Was A Good Day”. The original Ice Cube Lyrics are first (in bold), my lyrics are second.

Today Was A Good Day

Just wakin up in the mornin gotta thank God, I don't know but today seems kinda odd
Every day is an odd one for me.
No barkin from the dog, no smog
I don't have a dog, and Elizabethtown doesn't have any smog
And momma cooked a breakfast with no hog
I like bacon and ham
I got my grub on, but didn't pig out
If its breakfeast, I am pigging out
Finally got a call from a girl I wanna dig out
?
Hooked it up for later as I hit the do'
I went out the door
Thinkin will I live, another twenty-fo'
I better gosh darn live another 'twenty fo'
I gotta go cause I got me a drop top
My Hyundai has a conventional steel roof with a dome light
And if I hit the switch, I can make the (expletive deleted) drop
If I hit the light switch, the lights come on
Had to stop, at a red light
I always stop at red lights
Lookin in my mirror and not a jacker in sight
I don't know what a jacker is, so I can't honestly say if I saw one this morning or not
And everything is alright
Everything is skippy
I got a beep from Kim, and she can (expletive deleted) all night
I knew a Kim in high school, she's a cardiologist now
Called up the homies and I'm askin y'all, Which park, are y'all playin basketball?
I really stink at basketball
Get me on the court and I'm trouble
Get me on the court and its a damn miracle
Last week (expletive deleted) around and got a triple double
I had a double cheeseburgher value meal Monday afternoon
Freakin niggaz everyway like M.J.
I didn't like Space Jam at all
Drove to the pad and hit the showers
I shower in the mornings
Didn't even get no static from the cowards
I think sometimes I'm a coward, but I try not to dwell on it
Cause just yesterday them fools tried to blast me
I work with a fool at work
Saw the police and they rolled right past me
I usually wave to the police when they drive past me
No flexin, didn't even look in a nigga's direction as I ran the intersection
I ran an intersection by accident once in 1987 when I first got my license
Went to $hort Dog's house, they was watchin Yo! MTV Raps
My mom has a 100 pound Bermese mountain dog at her house
What's the haps on the craps?
The 'haps' is once a day for me
Shake 'em up, shake 'em up, shake 'em up, shake 'em, Roll 'em in a circle of niggaz and watch me break 'em, with the seven, seven-eleven, seven-eleven, Seven even back do' Lil' Joe, I picked up the cash flow
I have no cash flow whatsoever
Then we played bones, and I'm yellin domino
I've never played dominoes
Plus nobody I know got killed in South Central L.A.
Same here
Left my nigga's house paid
My friends never pay me back when I loan them money
Picked up a girl been tryin to (expletive deleted) since the 12th grade
I just barely gradutated out of 12th grade
It's ironic, I had the brew she had the chronic
I usually have a case of beer in the fridge in the garage
The Lakers beat the Supersonics
When they start enforcing the 'traveling' rule, I'll start watching pro basketball
Next few lines I deleted because of the many 'expletives'
I was glad everything had worked out
I am thrilled when everything works out
Dropped her (expletive deleted) off and then chirped out
Chirped?
Today was like one of those fly dreams
Some times I dream that I can fly
Didn't even see a berry flashin those high beams
Everytime I use my highbeams I forget to turn them off and an oncoming car flashes me like fifty times in anger
No helicopter looking for a murder
Same here
Two in the mornin got the Fatburger
I can relate to this
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
I've never seen the Good Year Blimp unless John Madden points it out
And it read, "Ice Cube's a pimp", Drunk as hell but no throwin up
I hate throwing up
Half way home and my pager still blowin up
I don't have a pager
Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
My fiance does not allow firearms anywhere near the house

I think next week I am going to pick a Monkees song I like. Maybe 'Last Train to Clarksville'. I love that song but I just can't relate to it. I think its technically impossible to relate to any Monkees song though. On an Ice Cube related note, check out 'Higher Learning', that movie kicked butt.






3/15/2002 04:43:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS