AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Sunday, March 24, 2002

 

(If this is a double or triple post, sorry, blogger is being weird).
I just now, here at work, accidentally printed out something that is over a hundred pages long. I thought it was only going to be a page to two. I started the printing, went to the bathroom, and when I came back, there it was. I hope I don't get into trouble for that.
We are watching the Oscars here at work, and we all agree that none of us has seen any of the movies that are up for best picture. (We really do work hard here, but, the way it goes, how do I explain, its kind of like, well, its weird, I'll just leave it at that).
This summer is the first year that we won’t be going to the beach in a long time. I really just am not a beach person. We went last year because my sister (who makes a ton more money than I do) rented out a beach house for two weeks. I like being at the beach, but I don’t like going into the water, or getting sunburned, or having to pay a million dollars for everything. I liked being on the deck at the beach house, that was okay. (And I don’t recommend or condone getting bombed, but there is nothing quite like walking on the beach at night after you have had about seven adult beverages, its really a trip, especailly if you are from a land locked state). I mean, I went into the water last year (see picture to the left), but the whole time I was in all I could think about was getting eaten by a shark. The waves were a lot bigger than I thought they would be and they constantly knocked me over and slapped down on the sea floor. I drank like a gallon of salt water and had sand burns all over my legs, arms, and back. I also on a couple of occasions felt some fish or something brush up against my legs, which really freaked me out. I would have gotten out of the water sooner, but there were a bunch of small children doing it and I didn’t want to seem like a wussy. Anyway, this year, we’re going to Gettysburgh for a few days. The movie was pretty cool, and its pretty much just down the road. Its amazing how you can live so close to something and never actually go there.
So, I am thinking about changing the background color. I’ve actually have wanted to go with white every since I saw how cool it looked at The Dork Blog. Which is brown now and looks super cool, check it out. So soon, we will be white.
Oh yea, I am going to miss wearing my 'beach t-shirt'. My sister in N.J. bought it for me to wear when I was on the beach. It said; "I'm from PA, why is there netting in my shorts?" Get it?



3/24/2002 06:09:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS