AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Tuesday, April 02, 2002

 


Okay, some good news. I didn't have to rent a car. My parents brought down their car, and they are going to use my uncle's car (my uncle bought a pick up truck so he has another vehicle). So now I am driving around in a 2000 Crown Victoria, in the lap of luxury. I mean my gosh, this car costs more than I make in a year. I think it can go from zero to 200 mph hour in a half a second. They have a radar detector (which I'm not sure how it works, it just beeps a lot as far as I can tell), a CB (I don't understand that, but my parents are into accessories, sp?), this weird GPS (Global something) that tells you where you are when you are lost, a digital read out that says which direction you are headed in, and a cell phone which I do not know the number to, but they told me to only use it in an emergency otherwise it will cost them a million dollars a minute. Its got one of those key ring things where you can start the car up in your house so its warmed up by the time you get to it. I am the most paranoid person in the world driving it, its huge and I know if I get a single scratch on it they will notice it. Of course I am super thankful I don't have to rent a car though. Thank god for that, I checked out rental prices and they are just rediculous (sp?). Oh yea, they told me I was not allowed to smoke in it, which I immediatly did the first time I drove in it. After all, I am their kid, I have to do something I'm not supposed to. I'm sure though, when people see me driving in it they know they its not mine, I'm sure they are thinking "Must be driving the parents car."
Now here's somethign weird. I notice at the main intersection of the the town I live in, there is a camera right next to the traffic light. I saw it a couple days ago, didn't really get a good look at it, but I did today. Its a little camera pointed right down on the intersection. I have to say, I really didn't much care for it, it seemed like the camera was trained right on me. I've read in the news about this stuff and never thought much about it. I do have to say, it made me feel really uncomfortable. Not because the police were watching the intersection (which is good I guess) but all I could think about was that maybe there was some weirdo at a monitor somewhere staring at me. So I did the mature thing. I leaned forward, looked straight at he camera, and made like I was picking my nose. (I still don't know why I did that, but my gosh, if felt good to do).
Well, I have a real crappy work week and way to much nonsense to do so there won't be many posts this week. Gosh I wish I didn't have to work.





4/02/2002 07:12:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS