AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Sunday, April 21, 2002

 

The Queen Of England, Charcol, Lawn Mowers, and Rogaine

Okay, let me paint a picture for you. 2 pm, Sunday afternoon, the sun is shining, and I'm pretty much just thoroughly enjoying the day. I'm on the back porch, I've just fired up the charcol grill (35 pieces of charcol cause, well, its barbecue chicken time!), and an ice cold can of Coors in my hand (I really didn't want the Coors when I started grilling but it just so seemed to be the beverage to grab when I started grilling, it was that or Peach Snapple, and somehow it seemed wrong as a guy to not grab the Coors, which is a bummer cause two hours later, and three Coors later I was taking a nap, okay enough about that). Well anyway, I got the charcol going pretty good (I usually screw up the charcol with only half the coals burning and the other ones just sitting there doing nothing) and I'm enjoying my Coors and out pops Spencer (my Neighbor SP?). And he's got a can of Budweiser in his hand and lights up a cigarette (Spencer's wife will not let him smoke in the house). And he says, out of the blue, "Well I guess that Charles dude is King now." And I say; "My gosh, did the Queen Of England die?" and he says; "Man! Where have you been? She died like two weeks ago!" Seeing his mistake I mention that it was the Queens mother who died, not the actually queen. He says no, its the Queen who died and Charles is the King of England (at which time his wife is walking out the door and tells him he doesn't know what the heck he is talking about). Well, he doesn't grasp that at all and mentions (cause he sees that I am using a charcol grill) that he prefers a gas grill cause it so much less messier. (I of course don't use gas because I am to scared that I will blow myself up). And than we get into a discussion of which is better, gas or charcol. Well that leads no where cause he wants to talk about how expensive his gas grill is (which I think is kind of funny cause last week he couldn't grill on Saturday night cause the place that he gets his propane from was out) and I just don't want to hear it.
Than, out of the blue, he says; "Do you think my hair is fuller?" and at first I don't here him right. So he says it again. I'm thinking, well this is strange question and I say (cause I really don't know what to say, Spence is going bald on top) "Yea, it kind does look a little fuller." And says its because he is using Rogaine now. At which time (just to get even about the grill thing) I start mention how some of the coolest actors are bald, like Marlon Brando and the guy from Commish (he's cool know because of his new show "The Shield" which just kicks butt!). I also mention (one of my favorite movies), Coneheads, and that Dan Akroyd was bald in that and that was a hilarious movie.
Well the subject changes and Spence asks me if he could borrow my lawnmower (bringing up of course how I borrowed his hedger two weeks ago I will never hear the end of that) and I say sure, and than he goes into this longwinded thing about how he wishes his gas mower was working cause he is so worried about running over the extension cord on my electric mower. Well, I guess I can at least be happy that my neighbors don't have WWF grudge matches on the street. Although I have to admit, it would hilarious to see!

4/21/2002 04:45:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS