AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Saturday, April 13, 2002

 

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT!
S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT!
S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT!
Gonna keep on dancing to the rock and roll
On Saturday night, Saturday night
Dancing to the rhythm with a-heart and soul
On Saturday Night, Saturday night
I-I-I-I just can't wait,
I-I-I-I've got a date
At the good 'ole rock and roll road show, I gotta go
Saturday Night, Saturday Night
Gonna rock it up, roll it up
Do it all, have a ball,
Saturday Night, Saturday Night
Gonna dance with my baby till the night is thru
On Saturday Night, Saturday Night
Tell her all the little things I'm gonna do
On Saturday night, Saturday Night
I-I-I-I love her so
I-I-I-I'm gonna let her know
At the good 'ole rock and roll road show, I gotta go
Saturday Night, Saturday Night
Gonna rock it up, roll it up
Do it all, have a ball,
Saturday Night, Saturday Night


Woo Hoo!!! Oh yes, its Saturday Night (thank you Bay City Rollers). I remember when I first heard that song. It was the seventies and I was like four feet tall, and in my grandmothers blue Lincoln Continental (the thing was as big as a tank). I remember thinking, 'Well, Saturday is cool, but Friday is much better cause you don't have to get up and go to church.' Well, I'm older now and I don't have to go to church, and Saturdays are super cool (Especially when you don't have to work on Sunday).
Well here I am, after a week from hell, sipping an adult beverage and pretty much just being a total lazy butt. I guess the thing to do would be to contemplate on the events of the last week, reminisce (sp?), and maybe comment on some of the more serious issues affecting our nation and the world. The fighting in the middle east, soaring gas prices, the upcoming congressional elections, and such. Well, I guess I could do that. Or I can do something that everyone who has a blog loves to do. Make a 'favorites' list! Yea, a favorites list. So without further ado...
AP Site Favorites
Favorite Movie: JAWS. I could watch that everyday and not get board with it. The real interesting thing is that the movie is much better than the book (and that is super rare). In the book Hooper is having an affair with Brody's wife, and actually ends up getting eaten by the shark.
Favorite Food: Steak. As rare as the law will allow.
Favorite Food That I Feel Guilty About: Crab or Lobster. It tastes great (and I never turn it down when offered it) but the idea of boiling anything alive gives me the heebie jeebies.
Favorite Sports Team: The Pittsburgh Steelers. We won four superbowls in the seventies, but I guess your sick of hearing that.
Favorite Artist: Peter Gabriel.
Favorite Concert: I've only been to two concerts. Pink Floyd in September of 1987 during the Momentary Laps Of Reason Tour (Toronto Canada!) and Peter Gabriel in I think 93. As much as I love Peter Gabriel, seeing Pink Floyd in concert was like a religous experience. I mean, when you see the big pig come up over the stadium, well, my gosh, it just blows your mind.
Favortie TV Show Of All Time: The Simpsons.
Favorite Time Of The Day: Bedtime.
Favorite Late Night Show: Conan O'Brien
Favorite Fast Food Restaurant: McDonalds and their butt kicking super awesome filet o' fish with a huge goober amount of tartar sauce (and their super cool dollar menu).
Favorite Video Game: Galaga.
Favorite Actor: Tom Skerritt. Picket Fences+Tom Skeritt+Ray Walston. I want to live in Rome, Wisconsin. Carter Pike was a close runner up here.
Favorite Actress: Carrie Fisher. (not because of Star Wars) I loved The Burbs.
Favorite Rock And Roller That Died: Jim Morrison. And I'm not ready to say that he is really dead.
Favorite Restaurant: The Old Country Buffet when they have rib night (Tuesdays and Sundays I think).
Favorite Season: The Fall.
Favorite House Plant: The kind that thrives on neglect.
Favorite Candy: M&M's. Except for the greens ones. They cause cancer.
Favorite Article Of Clothing: Pajamas.
Favorite Tom Petty Song: Its Good To Be King
Favorite Beverage: Coffee. (If coffee isn't available, water will do).
Favorite Pizza: Extra Sauce, mushrooms, and onions.
Favorite Store: The Dollar General. Or the Dollar Store. Or the Family Dollar. No matter what its called. I mean, where else can you buy a flashlight, two rolls of papertowels, some Christmas decorations and a can of coffee for less than seven dollars?
My gosh, its time to go to bed.
4/13/2002 10:08:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS