AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Monday, May 13, 2002

 
amanda peterson

A Change Will Do You Good
Sheryl Crow

Okay, I remember, my gosh, its been a while ago, but what the heck, I took I song I really liked and just couldn't relate to. Well, I heard this one on the radio today (and I love this song, but I just can't relate to it). So, I decided, what the heck, I'll write my own lyrics to it. Of course Miss Crow's lyrics in bold, and mine in regular type.

Ten years living in a paper bag
When I was in high school (7th-9th) I always had to take my lunch in a brown paper bag, usually P&J and one of those Little Debbie Snack Cakes
Feedback baby, he's a flipped out cat
Third Grade, Adam Spotts would (when yelled at by Mrs. Kramer) sit in his desk and eat Crayons, he was a "flipped out cat" if I ever saw one
He's a platinum canary, drinkin' Falstaff beer
My sister had a canary (In 1986), and I drink beer
Mercedes rule, and a rented lear
I had a huge infatuation with Mercedez Ruhl, I think a 'Lear' is a jet
Bottom feeder insincere
If its late at night, and your with a drunk guy, he is a 'Bottom Feeder Insincere'
Prophet lo-fi pioneer
I orignally thought in this song Sheryl Crow said; "Crop fed low fat pioneer."
Sell the house and go to school
The cost of a four year college is about as much a ranch house in Pennsylvania
Get a young girlfriend, daddy's jewel
??????
God's little gift is on the rag, Poster girl posing in a fashion mag
Substitute "God's Little Gift" with "Brittany Spears" and flash forward 10 years, and we will see her in fashion mag, of course, it will be Larry Flynts fashion mag, but well, its a 'mag'
Canine, feline, Jekyll and Hyde
I love my mom's dog, and I love my cats, and when they pee all over the place, I wish they had never been born
Wear your fake fur on the inside
I love this line, if I only knew what it meant
Queen of south beach, aging blues
?????? (I live in a land locked state, thank God, there are sharks out there!)
Dinner's at six, wear your cement shoes
This is the invitation Jimmy Hoffa recieved before he met those guys at the restaurant (right before he was buried in Giants Stadium)
I thought you were singing your heart out to me
There's certainly no one 'singing' about what happened to Jimmy Hoffa
Your lips were syncing and now I see
I see that if Cher is singing, it ain't live
A change would do you good
Good 'baby' advice
Chasing dragons with plastic swords
So long as the dragon is plastic this is cool, if not, well, you're screwed
Jack off Jimmy, everybody wants more
I don't know who Jack Off Jimmy is, but if he ever came near me, I would call the police
Scully and angel on the kitchen floor
Scully and Mulder should have been a couple
And I'm calling Buddy on the ouija board
Me and my friend Marv (in 8th grade) once used a ouiga board to try to get in touch with both Buddy Holly and Ritchie Valenz
I've been thinking 'bout catching a train
I've never been on a train
Leave my phone machine by the radar range
My cordless phone is always on top of the microwave
Hello it's me, I'm not at home
Hello its me, I'm not at home
If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone
Ditto


5/13/2002 07:40:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS