AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Saturday, May 18, 2002

 
Simply Irresistible? (no pickle please!)

Okay, I know I said I was going to post the second part of "How To Bathe A Cat", yesterday, but thats just going to have to wait til tomorrow, and I'll just post the whole thing. I could do it now, but sometimes there comes in your life a day where you have a revelation, and you just have to tell people about it. Today was one of those days, so the cat bath will wait til tomorrow. And you know if I am going to talk about a revelation, its going to be something pretty gosh darn important and newsworthy. McDonald's Dollar Menu Double Cheesburger (with no pickle). Yup, thats right. I'll start from the beginning.
I am driving Up North and its 1pm. I woke up around nine a.m and didn't eat anything before I left (at noon, or like fifteen minutes after). And I am starving. Absolutley starving. Can I wait till I get to the parents house (which is only 30 minutes away?), of course not. I pull off the interstate and into the McDonalds drive through. This is where I remember I only have three dollars. I have an ATM card but its sitting on the top of the nightstand in the bedroom at home (doing a lot of stinking good to me now). So I order from the dollar menu; two double cheesburgers and a medium coke. In my head I am thinking that will come out to just under three dollars but it turns out to be $3.12. I scrounge around the car and find more than enough pennies. Back on the interstate I open the first Double Cheeseburger (no pickle). Normally, I don't get that sandwich, but there is only so much on the dollar menu and I am just not in a McChicken sandwhich mood. I don't know wether it was ravenous hunger, or that I had an epiphany or something, but that was the best tasting cheeseburger I have ever had in my life. I ate it so fast I almost choked. I scarfed down the next one almost as quick and wished I had another. I mean, it just hit THE SPOT! So, what do we do here at the AP Site? Well, we.....maybe......maybe......maybe......a song? Yes, a song! Sorry Robert Palmer, please don't sue me.

How can it be permissible
Double Cheeseburger (no pickle) compromise my principle, yeah yeah
That kind of love is mythical
Double Cheesburger (no pickle) is anything but typical

Double Cheesburger (no pickle) is a craze you'd endorse, its a powerful force
You're obliged to conform when there's no other course
Double Cheeseburger (no pickle) used to look good to me, but now I find her

Simply irresistible (on dollar menu, two all beef patties, two slices of cheese, ketchup, onions, toasted bun, no pickle please!)
Simply irresistible

Double Cheesburger (no pickle) loving is so powerful, huh
It's simply unavoidable
The trend is irreversible
The Double Cheeseburger (no pickle) is invincible

Double Cheeseburger (no pickle) is a natural law, and she leaves me in awe
Double Cheeseburger (no pickle) deserves the applause, I surrender because
Double Cheeseburger (no pickle) used to look good to me, but now I find her
Simply irresistible
(no pickle please!)











5/18/2002 09:37:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS