AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Monday, August 05, 2002

 
amanda peterson

Okay, I'm on the Atkins Diet. (I bet thats the last thing you expected to read here). Do I want to be on it? Of course not. But, you know, if you live with a "significant other", when said person goes on a diet, that pretty much means your on it too. From what I gather (and what I've eaten today) the Atkins deal is pretty much a super high protein (good, lots of steak) low carbohydrate (bad, no potatoes) thing. The salad this morning was cool, and I loved the the steak for lunch, and the stuffed pepper was pretty cool for dinner. From what I read I pretty much have to swear off bread and pasta and noodles. So anyway, this is tomorrow's menu:

1) American cheese omelot.
2) Ham and green beans.
3) Steak (rare) and asparagus (sp?)

Which is cool, I mean, I like all those things, but I would love to add some rice to the mid-day meal, and a baked potato to the late meal, and some toast with the first meal. There are salads tossed in there all day, you can eat as many of them as you want, just don't put chick peas in them. Or any type of peas (cause peas are a carbohydrate, I didn't know that). Diets are just plain ridiculous (you are what you are I say). This one I am guessing will last about a week or two. I'll update (bitch) about it frequently here I'm sure. I will say this though; this is definatly much more agreeable than the weigh watchers nonsense I had to deal with for a week last year. That point system is just ridiculous. I . Oh, who the heck am I kidding. This diet is going to stink big time. Hopefully it won't last too long (long enough to have a bunch of steaks would be cool though).

And of course tonight is the first installment of Monday Night Football! I promise I will try not to turn this blog into an all football all the time blog in the next few months, but you know, all I can do is promise to try not to do that. I can't promise that I won't do that. I just can't. I mean, you know, its football.



8/05/2002 08:36:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS