AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Tuesday, August 13, 2002

 

Well, I finally got Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb (you know, the Bee Gee brother) downloaded from Bearshare. This song takes me back. I remember hearing it in the late 1970's when I was a wee bit of kid (maybe 8 or 9 years old). The song is pretty much about sex and lust, but at that time (being 8 years old) I thought it was about making shadow figures with your hands (you know, with a lamp, projecting them onto the wall) dance and stuff. I'm fairly certain Andy Gibb died though. Not totally sure, but I think he did. Either or, its a catchy toon.

I got a few other songs downloaded from Bearshare today. (NOTE: This list is not indicative of what I think is really good music, but, for some reason, I was wierd today and downloaded them). Oh Hell, who am I kidding, I wanted these songs downloaded cause I like them.

"Big Country" by Big Country. I remember the video on MTV, the band drove around on ATV's. And that was the video. The band riding around on ATV's.

"My Brother Esau" by the Grateful Dead. One of the best songs I ever heard. I have to say though, someone emailed me a picture of the funniest bumper sticker I ever saw. It read: "Jerry is dead, the Grateful Dead suck, get a life." I certainly don't think they sucked (not at all) but the bumper sticker was funny.

"Dead Cats, Dead Rats" by the Doors. I really don't now how to explain this song. I'm just thrilled to finally have a copy of it.

In the last couple of days I've seen a ton of stuff on TV about Elvis Presley. From what I gather this is the 25th anniversry (sp?) of his death. Well, I like a bunch of Elvis songs (I'm more a Beatles man though). My favorite Elvis song though, wasn't sung by Elvis, and came almost fifteen years after he died. U2 did a great song A Room At The Heart Break Hotel back in the late eighties (early 1990) inspired by the King. It was done during the Rattle And Hum album but was not on the album. At that time U2, when they released a single, would put a song that was not on the album on the "B" side of the single. And they always put a song that didn't make the final cut of the album as a "B" side. I think A Room At The Heart Break Hotel was the "B" side of "Angel Of Harlem", but I could be wrong. I just remember liking the "B" side song more than the released song.




8/13/2002 08:24:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS