AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Thursday, August 08, 2002

 
Your AP Site author is a robber baron scumbag!

Yup its true. I was going to write about this a while ago but I forgot to, and since I've got squat to post today, here goes. From 1999 til last summer the company that owned the company I work for now was Global Crossing. Just before they went bankrupt another large company bought the company I work for, which meant unlike a ton of other people, those of us here didn't lose are jobs. But here's the kicker. In the spring of 2000 and 2001 I recieved bonuses of a thousand dollars each year. The bonuses were based on company profits, which I guess we are finding out now, were vastly inflated. From the simple math that I've done, and from reading news reports, I probably should not have recieved a bonus at all. So I guess the point is, I profited from the largest bankruptcy in U.S. history, to the tune of a couple grand, and managed to escape it with my job intact. And before anybody says I should give that money back, well, its already spent.

Okay, so I taped the Anna Nicole Smith show the other night and didn't watch it cause I didn't have time. Than I red yesterday that everybody said it stunk and was a total disaster. So I decided to watch it last night before I went to bed. I have to say, I kind of thought it was funny. I really don't think it was as bad as everyone says. I mean it was weird, and I do think she is drugged up on something (probably prescribed), but I'll probably watch it again.


I just got into a discussion with a co-worker who says that your little toe is a useless appendage. Well I argued that thats impossible, otherwise it wouldn't be there. Than I look it up in the internet and its actually true. You don't need your little toe. I'm not upset by this, I mean the little toe is my least favorite toe, that little nail is just a pain in the rear to clip. Not that I have any favorite toes, my toes are just plain ugly. I wouldn't mind having long fingers though.

Ned Flanders as a role model. That article, well, I just don't know what to say about it.


8/08/2002 09:46:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS