AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Friday, October 04, 2002

 
I got a few songs off of bearshare the other night; Police Synchornicity 2 and a song that the significant other wanted that I wouldn't be caught dead listening to much less mentioning here. Well anyway, the whole file sharing thing. I have to say, I can't call what I do stealing. I have almost five hundred songs downloaded from bearshare and naptser and in none of the cases would I have bought the tape or cd. I still do buy tapes and cd's. At most I would have requested them off the radio and taped them, or not bought them at all. So I don't see what the big whoop is. Am I taking money out of the pockets of Big Country by downloading "In A Big Country"? No, I don't think so. I'm not going to actually go out and buy it.

Indiana Teen Saved After Online Suicide Bid. Which you know was the cry for help thing. Which reminds of an incident that happened when I was in high school, the exact opposite of the cry for help suicide attempt. (This gets a little spooky so if your not into that, stop reading now). When I was in 9th grade, one of the kids in our class killed himself (not in the class). I won't name him of course, we'll call him Mr. X. I didn't know Mr. X very well, only in passing, but he seemed like a nice enough kid. Well, one day in February, after school, he shot himself in the head. Thats tragic in itself, but how he made sure that he was successful in his attempt was amazing. He went home and the only person home was his mom, who was in the kitchen cooking dinner. His brother was in some after school sports thing and his dad didn't get home till later. So, unbekownst to his mom, he cuts all the phone wires in the house. Than he goes into his bedroom with one of his dad's guns. He puts a chair up against the doorknob. He takes a length of rope, goes into his bedroom closet and closes the door. He uses the rope to tie the closet door knob to that bar that you hang clothes hangers on in closets. He than shoots himself. I guess, he did all that in case his wound wasn't fatal, and he wanted to make sure it would be sometime before someone got to him, or could call an ambulance. Well of course he succeeded in killing himself. We never did find out why though, which is kind of a bummer.

Well anyways, the FX Network is ruining my blogging experience. I usually do most of my home blogging between 11pm and midnight. Well, FX is running all 13 episodes of The Shield at 11pm everynight (one episode a night that is) and I am completly addicted. I just can't get enough of that show. And I'm usually two tired to blog on a work night after midnight. Unless of course some rich person accidentally puts a ton of money into my mailbox one night and I am able to buy a laptop, and than I could blog on the sofa. Although, I will say this, lap tops are a pain cause the keys are not all in the right place and whenever I have a chance to use them I end up misspelling more than I usually do. And I need mouse, not that weird rolling thing.

"People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna."
-Mr. T


10/04/2002 04:20:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS