AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Friday, December 13, 2002

 
10:30am
I feel like crap and I have no one to blame but myself. I would very much like to crawl into the office supply closet, close the door and go to sleep. Since I can't do that I'm just going to drink a lot of water, thats my preferred method to fight a hangover. I don't think I'm going up North to see my parents after work. I think I'm going to go home and sleep for fifty hours. Oh who am I kidding. I'm going to go see my parents and probably get smashed again and this time tomorrow I'll feel just as crappy cause I'm dumb. But happy dumb.

11am
On the radio today I heard that someone here in PA shot a black bear (its bear season) that was almost eight hundred pounds. First of all, I didn't know they got that big. Which comes to my next point; the false idea that playing dead will keep you alive when attacked by a bear. Yup, you heard it here. Sure, sometimes that works, when the bear's an idiot or not hungry. The fact of the matter is, bears, at least the ones here in PA will eat dead things. Especially if they saw the dead thing alive just a little bit before. Of course you only hear about the people who played dead and lived, because the ones it didn't work for aren't around to say it didn't. Your best bet is to just back away from the bear, make a lot of noise, and try not to pee yourself. Cause that will look embarrasing once you do get to safety, and well if the bear does get you, when they find you, they'll say, "Look, he peed himself before the bear got him."

12:00pm
I left my money at home again darn it. Luckily I have some macaroni and cheese downstairs (but not much). I'd use my ATM card but I keep that with my money. I'd go to the bank but I keep my drivers license with my ATM card.

12:45pm
Here's a neat idea one of my coworkers who is a vegetarian told me. Now of course I'm not one, but I tried this and it tastes good. Take any hamburger helper and replace the groundbeef with Bush's Baked Beans, I was actually shocked at how unique the taste was.

2:40pm
I was checking out my graduating class at classmates.com and I really don't miss most of them at all. I don't live where I graduated from anymore and when I go back I am always thinking "I hope I don't see anyone" cause than your stuck talking about what you've been doing for the last how many years and its always uncomfortable and all you can think about is getting the heck out of the conversation. I once recognized someone at a Rite Aid and I just pretended that I didn't recognize them.

4:55pm
Md. Man Suffers Baffling String Of Bad Luck. Found that at Fark.

7:45pm
So I've finally figured out my weekend plans. If it is snowing really bad up North I'm just going to stay home and be a total bum. But if its not, I'm going to go there up there and be a total bum. If I stay at home I'll of course have to do dishes and clean and what not, but not if I go up there. So it would be a higher level of "bumness". My goal pretty much is to do as little as possible, and I think by going up there, I would do less than if I stayed at home. So hopefully it isn't going to snow to bad up there.

8:20pm
If I do go up North on Sunday my niece Ashley wants to go see Star Trek Nemesis. I want to see it, but like almost all the other Star Trek movies I'm afraid after the movie, I'm going to think; "Yea, it was good, but The Wrath Of Kahn was better."

9:30pm
Since I was about maybe three years old I've always lived with at least one cat. Of course now I have quite a handfull, but this is a neat thought. For twenty eight of my thirty one years, if I was home, there was a cat there too. There has never been a time that I've come home (wherever my home may be, I've had a couple apartments) and there wasn't a cat there. Its pretty much gotten to the point that if we're vistiting someone or on vacation, it feels weird to not have a cat nearby. I remember once while staying at a hotel in Point Pleasent NJ saying to you know who; "Every hotel room should have an optional cat." Cause it just felt weird to stay a night somewhere and not to see a cat.



12/13/2002 08:30:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS