AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Wednesday, January 29, 2003

 
11am
I can't go to the Texas Death Row site anymore here at work cause the company has blocked my access to it. Which is a total bummer. Another total bummer about it is though, that the powers that be must be watching everyone closely cause I can't imagine that other folks from this company go there.

11:15am
On American Idol last night in the one town they only had Randy Jackson and Simon grading the contestants and I kind of thought, is that fair? Cause a couple times I've seen it where someone got on because Paula Abdul and Randy said yes and Simon said no. Simon was unusually nice though, and the passed a lot of people on to Hollywood. Than I watched an hour of the State Of The Union (is it just me or does George Bush look younger than he did a couple years ago?). I also think he looks better in a green tie than in a light blue one.I don't know why. I don't why I should even care about what color tie he wears. I guess I'm weird like that. I could only watch an hour of it cause The Shield came on at ten, speaking of which, Michael Chicklis (sp?) looks younger than he did when he was on the commish. While I'm on a role, one person who doesn't look any younger is Michael Douglas. I saw a picture of him the other day, he looks like he's 80 years old or something.

12:35pm
I was just outside an hour or two ago, and it's 70 degrees here. Just thought I'd rub the rest of the country's noses in it. I swear, one more snow storm and I'm heading south.

1:15pm
"I guess you could say there are two Slashes. There's the crazy, rock-and-roll Slash, he's wild. And then there's the real Slash- he collects miniature soaps and treats his hookers real nice."
-Slash

1:20pm
According to the weather forecast we were only supposed to get snow flurries or maybe an inch of snow, but has been snowing steadily (sp?) since I woke up at 7:30 this morning, and I think it might actually amount to like five inches at this rate if it doesn't stop soon.

1:50pm
Before I left for my vacation I forgot to ask someone to water the office plants while I was gone (I'm in charge of the office plants) and of the seven plants, I think one is dead, two are circling the drain, and the others just don't look great, except for the rubber plant, which seems to thrive on neglect.

3:50pm
I have to work an earlier shift tomorrow, about two and a half hours earlier than my usual shift, which completley stinks. I had to do it on Monday and I was in such a horrbile mood that I didn't even blog anything and barely said a word to anyone all day so tonight I'm going to force myself to go to bed early (11pm) by virtue of a good stiff shot (or two) of vodka (ice tea chaser) and a dose of Nyquil.

7:15pm
I just realized that I forgot to set up the vcr for American Idol. What the networks ought to do is what the cable channels do, when they have a hit show, play it again sometime during the night, even if its like at one in the a.m.. At least Fox should do that cause they don't have a late night show (that I know of). That way us ninnies who forget to set our vcr's could see it again.

1/29/2003 08:38:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS