AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Tuesday, February 18, 2003

 
amanda peterson

2:20pm
Back to work. It was fun while it lasted. I'm missing my daytime programming already. Although I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't as much M.A.S.H. on Sunday as there is during the week.

2:55pm
I didn't have to do any shoveling yesterday, my neighbor Spencer bought a snow blower two years ago and finally decided to drag it out of his basment. He put it down there when he bought it and hadn't brought it out cause its so huge and heavy and a total pain to take up or down steps. Of course that meant that he hung out at my place yesterday for a couple hours. Spence wanted to watch "The Poseiden Adventure" (I really would have liked to watch something else, I mean I've seen it a billion times). But as Spence puts it "The old lady is going to be in my hair all day to do crap, I just can't take it." So we watched that until his wife called. That kind of bummed him out cause he didn't think his wife had the
phone number.

3:15pm
Statue's tears draw thousands. I'm mentioning that story cause about five years ago I had the flu and I was so feverish (and panic stricken because I am the worlds biggest hypocondriac) that I thought I saw the face of the pope outlined in one of the bedroom pillows. I tried to take a picture of it but I couldn't find a camera and I fell asleep and messed the pillow up.

4:30pm
This is from Dear Abby

Are You An Alcoholic?

1. Have you ever decided to stop drinking for a week or so, but lasted only a couple of days?
No.

2. Do you wish people would stop nagging you about your drinking?
I have never been nagged about it.

3. Have you ever switched from one kind of drink to another hoping that would keep you from getting drunk?
No.

4. Have you had a drink in the morning during the past year?
No.

5. Do you envy people who can drink without getting into trouble?
No.

6. Have you had problems connected with drinking during the past year?
No, but I was drinking last month when I cut myself. I chalk that up to my own stupidity. Hmm, maybe yes.

7. Has your drinking caused you trouble at home?
No.

8. Do you ever try to get extra drinks at a party because you did not get enough to drink?
Yes.

9. Do you tell yourself you can stop drinking any time you want, even though you keep getting drunk?
No.

10. Have you missed days at work because of the drinking?
No.

11. Do you have blackouts?
Yes. I had one like three weeks ago. Very scary stuff. There's like an hour or two that I just do not remember at all.

12. Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you did not drink?
No.

13. When you take one or two drinks, can you stop and walk away?
I can but I don't. If I can't have more than one or two I don't drink at all. I mean, its not Pepsi.

14. Have you ever embarrassed yourself or someone else when drinking?
Yes. Only myself though. My friend Billy and I once tried to ride a farmers horse that was in a field one night. That did not end good.

15. Do you drink every day?
No. Every other day is pretty close though.

16. How many times in the last month have you awakened with a hangover?
Five. Thats a guess though, and it depends on what the definition of hangover is. I rarely get a headache.

17. Do you spend money you don't have on alcohol?
No.

18. Has this affected your sleeping habits? (Do you pass out, get a drink in the middle of the night, or wet the bed when you sleep because of alcohol?)
My gosh no.

If you have answered yes to four or more of these questions, you are either an alcoholic or on your way to becoming one.
Whoo hoo! I passed!

2/18/2003 12:05:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS