AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Wednesday, February 12, 2003

 
amanda peterson

Wow. What a last three days I have had. I've been so busy with work and half a billion other things that I haven't had more than like two minutes to myself. It seems like everytime I had a moment to rest my work pager would blow off and I would have to deal with some problem there, and if it wasn't that, there was five million things I had to do at home.

Okay, enough of that, back to reality.

I've had the last three days off (Monday and Tuesday scheduled off, I called off sick today) and I've done absolutley squat. Of course I don't have a work pager (I don't even have a pager or a cell phone myself). And the last time work called me while I was at home was about eight months ago to ask me if I would come in an hour earlier one day. There were a couple things that I did do at home though (like take the garbage out, woo hoo! I finally didn't forget about that). I did watch a lot of M.A.S.H., and TNT has a really cool line up in the a.m. and the early afternoon. There's two hours of E.R. (I usually sleep through all but the last half hour of the second one). While Law And Order is on I eat breakfeast. Than there's two hours of NYPD Blue. I never really watched that show in primetime which is cool cause than I would have waited like a week to see the next episode. In syndication you get to see ten weeks in five days. On Monday night we went to Hoss's Steak and Sea House, I had the Hoss's Choice Steak (as rare as the law would allow). I love Hoss's cause they're not afraid to make a rare steak, and their soup and salad bar is primo (they always have bacon sauce, which I never heard of until a year ago, and I love to put that on the garlic bread). And the waitresses there always watch your table like a hawk, so if your coffee cup gets anywhere near half empty they are filling it up.

On Tuesday afternoon my neighbor Spencer came over with a movie called the The Suicide Kings which was pretty gosh darn good (Had Christopher Walken and "Elliot" from E.T in it). Of coure if they filmed Christopher Walken reading my laundry list it would be good, and Dennis Leary was pretty gosh darn awesome too. Of course Spence also mentioned (among half a billion other things) the "High Alert" that we are on now as far as the terror thing goes. Thats cool cause Rob at Gn had a pretty cool post about that on Tuesday. Anyways, Spence mentioned that you are recommended to have duct tape and plastic to seal up your windows in the case of a chemical attack. Thats cool cause we both have those things because of winter. I use plastic and duct tape to seal up the laundry room windows and the basement windows cause there is no heat there. Spence did mention that if you put vasoline around the edges of the windows and along any cracks in the windows that will keep any type of gas coming into your house. He read that in John Grishams "The Chamber" when they were sealing up the gas chamber.

Spence also mentioned something that totally peed me off. Up until recently the borough required you to clear your sidewalk of snow within twenty four hours of the end of any snowfall. Now they've cut that down to twelve hours. This is a total bummer cause what if the snow stops falling at like ten a.m., I go to work at 11:30am to 8:30pm, there is no way I am going to get the sidwalk shoveled in time. I can't imagine the borough police ticketing people for that, but its a bummer all the same, cause you know, what if?

And of course I'm still trying to figure out who the heck this is.

2/12/2003 09:49:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS