AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Monday, March 03, 2003

 
11am
Well I certainly feel better today. I spent all day Saturday in bed alternatly sleeping and being half awake thanks to all the cold and flu medicine I took. I think Boots (thats that cat I stole, if your unfamiliar with how I stole Boots I'll repost that soon) was sick too cause he spent all Saturday upstairs with me too. The bummer about that was he threw up like four times which sounded gross. He got better before I did though.
As far as the Zicam goes, I guess Rob is right. There is really no way to know if it works cause I don't know how long my cold would have lasted had I not taken it. I do know this, don't leave it in the car and than the next day go out and get it and use it immediatly cause that gel gets so cold I thought the inside of my nose was frostbitten. Or at least not in the winter.

11:45am
This is cool. There was a free Starz and Showtime promotional over the weekend. Probably the best movie was The Others with Nicole Kidman (I'd link it but every movie review site I tried to found is blocked by our works security stuff). I mean that was just one great movie and the ending just blows your mind. I can't say anything else without giving it away. Its probaby the first PG13 movie that I've seen in a long time that was really great. I almost didn't watch it when I saw it was PG13. I'm not saying that I only was R movies, but most horrors if they are not rated just don't seem to turn out well for me.

12:30pm
I'm posting in italics to see what it will look like.

2pm
The trick to getting through a Monday is this. You have to have something planned for Monday night. That way you instead of thinking to yourself, "Friday is so far away", your looking forward to Monday night. Like tonight I'm making beef stew (a ton of it). Of course it easier during the NFL season cause you have Monday Night Football (I could watch MNF irregardless of who is playing).

2:15pm
Okay this is funny, my future in laws (who live in N.C.) just sent me an email entitled "How To Get Along In The South", some excerpts;

"Don't laugh at our Civil War monuments. If Lee had listened to Longstreet and flanked Meade at Gettysburg instead of sending Pickett up the middle, you'd be paying taxes to Richmond instead of Washington. If you visit Stone Mountain and complain about the carving, we'll kick your (expletive deleted)."

"Don't talk about how much better things are at home because many of us have visited Northern sewer holes like Cincinnati, Chicago, and Hartford, and we have the scars to prove it. If you don't like it here, Delta is ready when you are. Fly your (expletive deleted) on home before it gets kicked."

4pm
I have Comcast cable at home and for the last week my channels 2 through about 28 are really fuzzy. Normally whenever I try to deal with Comcast it takes forever to get a service man or anyone on the telephone. When I called this morning it actually only took two calls and less than fifteen minutes to schedule someone to come out on Friday. So kudos to them there. Of course that doesn't change the fact that the reason my cable has so many problems is that Comcast is the worst cable company in the world that charges way to much for the squat they give us. I so need to get satellite tv. I keep telling myself I am going to than I forget to look up information on it. It did pee me off that they said the service guy would be there "sometime" on Friday.

5:30pm
Two more quick whiny complaints.
I just bought a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos for $.60 from the snack machine and the bag has just about 8 doritos in it.
One problem I have is that sometimes I agree to do something that I really don't want to do because I'm asked about it when I don't have to do it for sometime. About a month ago my niece asked me if I would go see her in her school play "Guys and Dolls" (I think thats what its called). I said yes, and now I am going to have deal with two things I cannot stand; musicals and high school. I'm also supposed to video tape the musical too.
One thing is weird. Whenever I find myself back in a highschool for whatever reason, I have the urge to smoke in the bathroom. I guess thats a throw back or something.

6:55pm
I'm still getting a bunch of folks coming here looking for Laci Peterson info. Your best bet for info is to go to her main site (follow her name to the link) or to the Webslueths Laci Peterson Forum, which seems to have all the late breaking news.

3/03/2003 08:55:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS