AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Tuesday, April 29, 2003

 

10:53am
I put the first air conditioner in last night. And like every time I put an air conditioner in, I ended up with five extra screws and a metal bracket that I don't know where they should go. This reminds me of a friend I had in high school who had a brother who loved cars and wanted to be a mechanic. He completley took apart a Chevelle's engine and put it back together and had 18 parts leftover that he couldn't figure out where they belonged. The car ran absolutley fine for as long as I can remember.

11am
Scientists breed cancer-beating mice. I once heard someone say that cancer research wasn't really cancer research, but a method to create a super species of mice that will one day take over the world. Or I might have read it in the Weekly World News.

12:30pm
I wasn't going to have any adult beverages tonight but from what I just found out about our health plan, if I go into rehab for an alcohol problem for about a month, I'll still get paid and have a job when I get out. A month off, with pay. I need to drink more.

1:30pm
Doctor Walkout Starts. Here in Pennsylvania there are a bunch of doctors going on strike to protest the high cost of malpractice insurance. Now, I really don't know much about this issue, but in 1995 I went to the doctors because I had a pins and needles sensation in my feet and hands. The doctor told me I had carpel tunnel in my hands (even after I mentioned it in my feet) and gave me this big hand braces that made me look like I had broken my wrists. After wearing them for a couple weeks I got frustrated because it wouldn't go away so I went back and he did a bunch of tests for diabetes. After a week I finally got my results, which was no diabetes. So I talked to him again and he said we should run more tests because it might be "serious". So I scheduled an appt. for the following week thinking that was gonna die or something. The weekend before my appt. I went up to my parents and was carying some paint cans into the shed, slipped, fell, and landed pretty hard on my back. I went to my parent's chiropracter and while talking to him he asked me about the things I had on my hands and I told him what was happening with my hands and feet. He than told me that I had pinched nerve in my back and he could take care of it in a few minutes. When I left the office the pins and needles sensation was gone. So maybe there is a problem with doctors here in PA. Or my misdiagnosis(s) before going to the chiropracter was just an isolated incident.

3:30
Okay, I am going to play another seven games of solitaire like I did yesterday. If I don't win at least two, I'll know for sure that the computer is no where near as random as a real deck of cards. My scientific basis for this theory? Because I just know.

3:35pm
Okay, but before I do that, why do they call the 1700's the "18th century"? Shouldn't the "18th Century" be the 1800's? I mean, when I was 18 and a half years old, I didn't say I was in my 19th year. My 19th year started when I was 19. It makes no sense to me.

7:05pm
I am going to attempt to pay my Comcast cable bill online. I don't know if you can do it online, although Comcast is the worst cable company in the world so you probably can't. And if you can, its probably a pain in the rear. I'll report back on my findings, but I'm sure it won't be good news.

7:10pm
From the Comcast website after I put in all my info:
"Accounts in your area are not web enabled at this time."
Imagine that.

8:20pm
Okay, I just watched Josh's performance on American Idol, I really didn't think it was that great. His remark to Simon I didn't quite understand, because I kind of was thinking the same thing, that the song was kind of drab.

4/29/2003 08:13:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS