AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Wednesday, May 14, 2003

 
11am
I have to say, that without a doubt, if you have a cold and feel miserable (and its the end of the day and you are at home) and want to feel better is to make a cup of hot tea and pour a shot and a half of whiskey into it. Heck, it almost makes you want to get a cold twice a week.

11:30am
I watched Dateline last night and my gosh it was the most troubling thing I've seen in a while. Jane Pauley(sp?) interviewed Michael J. Fox, whose got that Parkinsons disease. I knew he had it pretty bad, but not as bad as I saw last night. His entire body was shaking constantly. At one point in time when he was testifying before congress he had difficulty talking because of it and had to cut his speech short. Thats the first time I ever saw anyone with it at that advanced of a stage, and to have it be Michael J. Fox just made it worse. He was in really good spirits though, and is still very active. It actually seems like he does more in one day than I do all week.

12:30pm
Dems flee Texas to avoid redistricting. Okay, all politics aside, that is just silly. They're actually hiding out in Oklahoma. My congressman, Tim Holden had almost his whole district moved into a heavy Republican area during redistricting so that he would lose the election and a Republican would take it. He didn't run to New Jersey and hide, he stayed and fought and actually won.

2:30pm
I just made the perfect cup of tea here at work, which is a first. I drink like three or four cups of tea a day, and maybe once every three days I make the "perfect cup" i.e. the perfect amount of sugar and cream and brewing time. I thought it was impossible to do here at work because I get hot water from the coffee machine and the temperature is not the same as coming from a tea kettle. To get the perfect tasting cup of tea you of course have to use a tea kettle, I've never had a perfect cup out of a microwave. I don't know what it is about microwaved water, it just doesn't taste the same.

3:30pm
I've got a wierd craving for lasagna with Italian sausage in it. Its strange because I've never had lasagna with sausage in it, and I don't think anyone makes it like that. I have Friday off, maybe I'll give it a try. I read once that if you have a craving that means your body needs something that is in whatever you are craving, but I can't imagine what would be in lasagna with Italian sausage that my body needs.

4:30pm
I was just thinking, if your in high school right now, the internet has got to be the greatest thing. I remember when I was in highschool if you had to write a report for history or something you had to go up into the dusty attic, grab an Encylcopedia Americana (most kids had Brittanica, but my dad thought that wasn't patriotic) and bring it down and write your report. Half the time you brought the wrong one down because you didn't realize that you needed the "Sm-Sz", when you grabbed the "Sa-Sm" one. And those things were always outdated. There are sites on the internet now that have the reports right there for you to print out. You don't even have to spend any time at all plagarizing from the encyclopedia.

6pm
This stinks, I'm going to be on the way home while American Idol is on. I am going to make a prediction though. I think Clay is going to get the boot. This is a complete educated guess because I missed last nights show and don't know how everyone did, but I think Kim and Reuban have a lot more fans. I'm also thinking, I don't think that at this point in the show that there are many people who pay attention to how they sing now, that everyone pretty much has their favorite and thats who they vote for.

7:55pm
Okay, time to go home. I wish they broadcasted American Idol on the radio so I could listen to it on the way home. I'm starting to have second thoughts about Clay getting the boot, now I'm thinking its going to be Kim.

5/14/2003 09:02:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS