AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Thursday, August 14, 2003

 
amandapeterson

12:30p
Well pretty much all I'm doing today (outside of work of course) is figuring out the driving directions (expedia.com is useless, the site never works, but mapquest is cool) and making my packing list. The key to a successful trip is in the three "P's". Preperation, preperation, preperation. I think Johnny Cochran once said that about winning court cases, but it holds true to traveling. I even have planned where we're going to stop for lunch (The Fredricksburg, Virginia Old Country Buffet, off of I-95 at exit 130b) tomorrow. I'm hoping to get a 11am start, which would make lunch around 2pm, and finally winding up in North Carolina around 7pm, assuming there's no major traffic jam ups. My only worry is Washington D.C., its always a nightmare driving anywhere near there on a Friday afternoon.

1pm
Insane Clown Posse Named Worst Rock Band. That may or may not be true, but according to that article Emerson, Lake & Palmer are the second worst band. So I guess, Emerson, Lake and Powell is better than the original. I could only read the yahoo news article about the magazine article that had the worst 50 in it cause of the blocking software at work. I've got to remember to read it tonight at home.

3:50pm
Well I think I got my packing list done (it is way to long to put in here, not that my packing list is like great reading material anyway). I've also got a plan to beat the heat as well. Tomorrow I'm going to buy two more short-sleeved shirts, but of lighter material and lighter colors of the ones I have now. I'm also going to buy shorts (non denim ones). I really should have spent less time in air conditioning before this trip and got aclimated to the heat. How come we don't have a pill that can keep you cool? I saw the episode of MASH where they tricked Klinger so a placebo won't work on me.


8/14/2003 10:10:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS