AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Thursday, August 21, 2003

 

1pm
Another hot brutal day here in Pennsylvania. Someone needs to call Miami and let them know we found their weather, and they can come up and pick it up anytime. The big plans tonight are to watch "To Kill A Mockingbird", because its due back at the library tomorrow.
Yesterday here at work, I so wish I would have had a camera, there was a moth, and this is no word of a lie, that we all originall thought was a bird hanging outside by the employee entrance. Words can't describe how big this moth was. I'm going to try to find a picture through google image search. I'm hoping that it was species of moth that get that big that I've never seen before as opposed to a freakishly big moth cause if a moth can freakishly get that bag, can you imagine a spider that big? Or a hornet? Well, I guess you can't till I find a picture, but take my word for it, enormous big moth.

1:30pm
Normally my second post of the day I find some unsual news story to post, but I'm torn between the guy killed in the elevator, the kid killed when his hair got stuck in the roller coaster, the other kid that died when a fish jumped into his mouth and suffocated him, and finally the guy who had a heart attack and died while laughing in his sleep. I am never going to approach an elevator the same way again.

2:30pm
Just like the Eighties Super Group Loverboy I'm working for the weekend. My weekend plans are pretty simple, I think the parents are coming down on Saturday (which means I get to go out to eat and order stuff off the menu that I'm normally to cheap to order), but thats pretty much all that I'm planning. I probably should cut the grass. Maybe it will rain and I'll get out of that. I remember was I was growing up there was always a ton of kids (myself included) that would go around and cut your grass for money. I can't seem to find anybody to do it now. I wonder if thats because of the internet or something. The same went with snow shoveling, I used to make pretty good money from shoveling peoples sidewalks when I was a kid, but I couldn't find a single person to shovel our sidewalk last year. I wish I could go back in time and hire myself to cut the grass, at 1985 prices that would be like five bucks.

4:15pm
My morning routine

6:40am- Alarm goes off, I hit the snooze button.

6:50am- Alarm goes off, I hit the snooze button.

7am-7:15am- Alarm goes off. I smoke (yup, in bed, I know its dangerous, I know), and I watch the Today show. The tv is on all night in the bedroom (we can't sleep without it on) with the sound on mute, we keep it on closed captioning so I can read it in the a.m.. It amazes me how terrible closed captioning writers can be sometimes.

7:15am-7:30am- I go downstairs and make some hot tea and give the cats Pounce. I used to drink coffee in the mornings but I found that if I have tea instead I don't need to take zantac. I give the cats pounce so they don't crowd around me and trip me.

7:30am-7:55am-Shower time (this is also the time that if I am going to call in sick I weigh the pros and cons and than make a decision, I try to be polite and call in an at least an hour before I'm supposed to start). I know a lot of folks that shower at night and I know it would save time, but I just don't feel right not showering in the morning. I wish I could be a night time shower person.

7:55am-8am -This is what I call the "crazy five". Its the five minutes that I spend going nuts finding my belt, keys, money, and such cause I have to be in the car by 8am if I am going to make to McDonalds and still make it to work on time. If I don't find everything during the crazy five I sometimes have to skip McDonalds and the morning is pretty much ruined. If I complain that I am late and didn't get to eat breakfeast, its because the crazy five lasted to long and became the "crazy ten" or "crazy fifteen".

8am-8:40am -The morning drive. I love the morning drive. Its forty minutes of total day-dreaming. My favorite hobby next to eating is day-dreaming. When we moved fifteen minutes further away from work I was thrilled because that was fifteen more minutes of day-dream time a day. I get a lot of honks from cars behind me because I sometimes daydream through the green traffic signal.

8:40am-8:45am -McDonalds! I noticed a few weeks ago that they are building something right next to McDonalds, I asked the drive thru lady and she said it was a Wendy's, but I'm not sure if Wendy's does breakfeasts, I don't think so.

8:50am- arrive at work.

8/21/2003 10:08:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS