AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

 
10:30am
Twice this morning I've had calls from someone asking if anyone here at work speaks spanish, when I said no they got upset and hung up. The thing is, they asked me using perfect english. I guess maybe thats the only english words the two callers knew. I do keep a cheat sheet of commonly used spanish words and phrases but I really only go to that if it seems like someone is having an emergency or something. When I do use it I sound really funny though, so I really try to stay away from it. I wish I had taken Spanish in high school. Instead I took German, and failed miserably. That doesn't mean I would have passed Spanish, but you never know. I remember when in 8th grade I picked my 9th grade classes I wanted to learn German so that I could understand what they were saying in World War Two movies when they didn't use subtitles. I guess thats what happens when you let 8th graders pick their next years classes. Or at least thats what happens when you let me pick classes in 8th grade.

12:30pm
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Pig. Thats right, the Sundance Pig.

3pm
I just read an article about how foul language has increased during the "family hour" on television, which according to the article is between 8pm-9pm. I didn't know that there was a family hour anymore cause I don't now anyone who sits down with their kids and watches tv with them between 8pm and 9pm. I know when I was growing up (thank gosh I had my own tv), I would have jumped out the window to prevent myself from watching whatever my mom was watching (the Waltons, Thornbirds, etc.). Heck, when I go visit them now I don't like most of the stuff they watch. I know they liked Family Ties but I usually never watched it with them. So I'm not sure if there was even a "family hour" back than. I can't remember any of my friends watching anything with their parents when they were young (well with the exception of my friend Jimmy, whose dad would let us watch R rated movies on HBO, so we watched tv with him a lot). Maybe me and my friends were just weird, but I doubt that there has been any such thing as a "family hour" since maybe the fifties or something.

9/23/2003 09:53:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS