AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Monday, September 29, 2003

 
amandapeterson

11:30am
There were a bunch of shows I watched last week and forgot to mention so I'll blab about them now.

The Brotherhood Of Poland New Hampshire- was really good, I especially liked Chris Penn (Did you know he was the brother of Sean Penn?), you might remember him from Reservoir Dogs. Of course the Quaid brother (I get them mixed up) was great as always. I remember him playing John Wesley Hardin (psychopathic gunfighter from the 1800's) in a movie once and he's been a favorite of mine ever sense.

Coupling- This show seemed to stink pretty really bad but I certainly didn't see anything controversial about it. There was some dirty language but who doesn't hear that every day. I just don't see what the big deal was (probably hype to get ratings), I didn't think it was risque(sp?) at all. Either or, I thought it really wasn't that good.

Dateline- I watched this last night, it was the episode about Whitney Houston. My verdict, she's on drugs. Of course, I don't know her personally, so she might always act like she's on drugs, but my gosh. At first on Saturday when they did a little bit about it, they showed some footage of her dancing around with headphones on and that seemed fine to me, but they showed a lot of footage of her and its pretty gosh darn weird. I'm no expert on drugs, but I've been around plenty of folks who have used drugs, and she fits the bill. It is so sad. Bobby Brown seemed to be the sober one of the bunch, although I still thinks it all his fault.

1pm

America's Most-Hated Sports Include Pro Boxing, Wrestling. Golf and Soccer are in there too. I can't say that I really hate any sport, (except for the number one most hated; dog fighting), but I guess I agree with most of this. Pro boxing at least at the heavy weight level is just two big guys hugging each other for most of the match, to me golf is just boring (I'm biased though, I tried it once and really stink). I like soccer but how me and my friends used to play it, with tackling allowed. Withouth the tackling, yech. I have no opinion on Nascar racing, although I do like demolition derbys, and men's tennis just bores me.

3pm
We're watching the Ellen talk show at work and Daryl Hannah is on now. Someone just told me that she (Hannah) was missing most of one of her fingers. I didn't believe it but sure enough, you can see that on her left hand, I believe index finger, she's missing a good portion of it. I wonder when that happened (and how). For all the times I've seen Wall Street, I never noticed it. Hmmm.

3:45pm
Okay, I got the dirt on Darryl Hannah's finger. She lost it in an accident at her grandmother's house when she was like three years old. From what I read she got her finger stuck in the pulley of a well at her grandmotehr house. Also I just found out that she's going to be in Tarentino's new movie "Kill Bill", which is super cool. I have to say though, if she had been missing five fingers when I was a teenager, I still would have had a crush on her.

7pm
Mondays are by far my hardest day of the week (I know, join the club), because its always my longest. I work a later shift but I always have a bunch of junk to do Monday morning so I have to get up at the same time as I would have to if I worked the early shift. Normally I'm out of the house at 7am or quarter after and I rarely get home until 9:30pm. I've tried a dozen ways to spread my chores/errands throught the week but it so does not work out cause some junk has to be done earlier and can't wait and I end up just not doing everything I should be doing (or have to do). What I need is an assistant willing to work full time for free. I guess I should be happy that at least Monday night isn't garbage night, that would be the straw the broke the camel's back.


9/29/2003 09:38:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS