AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Sunday, October 19, 2003

 
amandapeterson

All day today I've had the song to the cartoon "Sponge Bob Square Pants" stuck in my head. I've never really watched the cartoon, but I've heard the song all over the place (and on a couple commercials). I only knew the first part of the song (lyrics) and I couldn't understand the rest of it, and this is where the internet it great. I just printed out the lyrics to the song and now maybe I can get it out of my head. That or now I can actually sing along with the whole thing in my head without singing "blah, blah, blah" in the parts of the song I don't know. I hope that made since. I remember before the internet you were kind of screwed when it came to trying to figure out lyrics. Back in I think, 86 or 87, I had R.E.M.'s "Its The End Of The World As We Know It" stuck in my head and it was years before I figured out all the words (it wasn't stuck in my head for years, it just took that long to figure out the lyrics). Once I even taped it off the radio and did the "play-rewind-play-rewind" thing til I thought I knew all the lyrics. Of course the lyrics made no sense to me then, and than when I actually saw the lyrics for the song I realized that what I wrote down off the radio was not even close to what the actual lyrics were. Of course the song still didn't make any sense, but oh well, its a good song. Okay, enough rambling on that.

I just watched "Wilder Days" on TNT, and I have to say, I have not seen a movie on basic cable as good as that since A&E did their Horatio Hornblower's years ago. It was so good that half way through it I set up a tape so I could record it when they do the encore performance at ten pm. (For you folks who are not familiar with Peter Faulk, he played Columbo). I actually had tears in my eyes during the movie. The last time my eyes watered up during a movie was like a year ago when I was watching the bayonet charge scene in "Gettysburg". (I did cry a bit during the "CHIPS" reunion movie about ten months ago, but I had just had a couple wisdom teeth taken out earlier that day and was high on codiene, so that doesn't actually count. On codiene, I probably would have cried during Gigli).

Anyways, this is how I spent my Sunday. I woke up around 10:30am. Around 11:30am I had scrambled eggs, fried potatoes (which we had cooked up the night before), sausage, toast, and jam. Around 1pm I took a nap for about an hour and a half. There wasn't squat on tv so I made hot tea and read a book for a few hours.. Went to Hoss's and had the steak (as rare as the law would allow), baked potato, and the salad bar. Got home and watched football and kind of dozed off on the front porch (this is probably the last weekend that the front porch furniture will be out). I was pretty comfortable until my neighbor Spencer woke me up to talk about the Eagles game (they won). Spence can talk for hours when his Eagles win a game, but if they lose a game, he buttons up and won't say anything about them at all (except some bad things about Donovan McNabb). So we drank beer and talked about football until about 7:30pm (I had to cut it short, American Dreams came on at 8pm). And here I am now.

10/19/2003 09:00:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS