AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

 

10am
Okay, instead of taking a nap in the big conference room today I am going to the library book sale here in town. When I get back I'll list here all the books I bought, and everyone can see how much of a geek I am. I should get done there around 1pm or 1:30pm. How can you beat a whole bag of books for just a dollar?

11:20am
Kylie Minogue is "horrified" by all the sex in pop culture. Just reading that sentence defies logic.

1pm
Well the library didn't have much, I suspect that if I had gone this morning I would have gotten more but I ended up with a whole bag of books though.

1. Heaven And Hell-John Jakes- This is the third book in the North & South trilogy (the 80's mini series was based on this). I read the first one last month and have been looking for a the second book and this one. Now I face the quandry of wether I should read the third one before I find the second.

2. Winds Of War-Herman Wouk- I've always wanted to read this book but never got around to it, another 80's mini series.

3. War And Remembrance Vol. 3-Herman Wouk- This is a continuation of Winds Of War. Kind of like a third part I guess. I couldn't find part 2.

4. Profiles In Courage-John Kennedy- I really don't have an urgent need to read this book, but I thought its there, I ought to get it. I think someone pretty much ghost wrote it for him but I'm not sure.

5. The World According To Garp-John Irving- I've seen the movie a million times, which was great, and I'm guessing the book is even better.

6. The Americans Vol. 1, 2, 3-John Jakes- I was getting close to filling my bag and I saw these books and thought; what the heck, he wrote the North & South, it can't be that bad.

I was hoping to find some cookbooks but all they had were like twenty or so cookbooks dedicated entirely to microwaving, and I'm pretty much an expert at that (aren't we all).

11/12/2003 08:37:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS