AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Thursday, November 20, 2003

 
amandapeterson

12pm
I was doing dishes last night, while watching The O.C. (I'm hooked on it, I confess), and I slipped on the wet floor and hit my elbow pretty hard. Its a little swollen but only hurts when I try to straighten may arm (at which time it hurts like the dickens). It does amaze me though how little I have to stretch out my left arm during the day, I guess that elbow isn't as vital as I thought it was (as opposed to my right elbow). Since I haven't been able to bend my left arm all morning I've come to realize that my left arm is really just a lowly assistant to my right arm. Its seems like 'Big Right" does all the work. Driving the car, holding the coffee cup, using the mouse, turning pages on a book, scratching, writing, just about doing it all. From what I've been able to pin down, the only thing Mr. Left Arm does independently of the "Big Right" is man the turn signals on the car, and open the car door. Only from the inside of course, "Big Right" opens the car door on the outside. Of course if "Big Right" is busy with someing, Mr. Left Arm can substitute, but only very awkwardly. My guess is the folks who can use their right and left arm for anything (there's a word for it, I just don't know it) must be like superhuman. Here I am with an injured (possibly slightly fractured) left elbow and I'm doing pretty much just fine. I can't imagine what would happen to me if I lost my right arm, cause certainly Little Mr. Left Arm couldn't get the job done.

11/20/2003 10:40:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS