AMANDA PETERSON

 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Sunday, May 23, 2004

 
8am
Okay, this new blogger thingy is weird looking but kind of cool. I think I'm going to spend a few minutes poking around and seeing the new stuff. Tonight my pictures should be back working, they would be back now but I'm at work and have to do it from home. I've been away a bit because I got a telescope and have been a backyard astronomy geek most nights. Its all this Mars stuff I guess, I'm going with the hype.

9am
Okay, there was one night that I didn't do the astronomy thing, that was Friday night because it was cloudy. Instead I watched "Smokey and The Bandit 2". I saw the first one and of course loved it, but for some reason I never got around to the second one. I think I know why. Its such a horrible, horrible, movie that they probably only put it on by accident. I'm no movie expert, and I probably shouldn't say that its the worst movie ever, but it is. I mean its not even horrible in a funny way like Plan Nine From Outer Space. Its horrible in a horrible way. Another terrible thing about it, is that I was excited about seeing it, and really hyped up the first one, so my fiance watched it with me and now probably thinks I'm some type of freak (she never saw the first one). I told her that I would rent the first one so she could see it, but she wants no part of it at all. Now, the next time we got to the video store I won't have the upper hand when we disagree on what we should rent. She'll say; "I don't want that movie, you made me watch Smokey and the Bandit 2, I should be able to pick something." Thats how terrible this movie was, its terribleness reaches out and effects life in other areas. My guess is the cast from the first movie was given like twenty gazillion dollars to do this movie, otherwise they would have turned it down and Ted McGinley would have starred in it. The tv guide gave it two stars, which I don't understand. My guess is the reviewer started watching it, couldn't finish because the human brain can only handle so much, and than felt guilty about not doing his job and gave it two stars. That or there was a misprint in the paper and it accidentally got two stars.
5/23/2004 06:36:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
Comments by: YACCS